Coaching groups to achieve individual and collective success
Group Sixty offers coaching to groups of leaders, entrepreneurs, and small business owners who are focused on growing their companies, teams, and careers. Group coaching offers the benefits of one-on-one coaching while also gaining the efficiencies of participating in a group and the added dimension of learning from peers who share similar goals and challenges.
Group Sixty is currently offering coaching to the following groups:
- Leaders: Group Sixty coaches groups of executives to become highly effective leaders who drive growth for their organizations. Common topics include unleashing team-level collaboration, increasing accountability among direct reports, and delegating to team members. In addition, sessions focus on core business topics relevant to each individual as well as to the collective group.
- Entrepreneurs: Group Sixty coaches groups of entrepreneurs to help accelerate growth while helping to create a business that is scalable and less dependent on the founder and executive team. Topic areas include creating a sustainable growth strategy, fundraising, delegating to team members, expanding your professional network, and creating a sustainable learning path.
- Business Owners: Group Sixty coaches groups of small business owners and franchisees to increase growth and build a business that is less dependent on its owner. Typical topic areas include increasing sales, creating a differentiated value proposition, converting leads, generating referrals, building effective marketing programs, and hiring and retaining staff.
Given the common set of challenges faced within a specific industry, Group Sixty also conducts the following industry-specific group coaching series:
- Professional Services: Group Sixty provides group coaching to professional services providers (consultants, accountants, marketers, designers, software developers) to support the creation of scalable solutions and businesses. Some of the focus areas include creating a value proposition that resonates, building a high leverage model, "productizing" services, using thought leadership to drive sales, and launching marketing campaigns that drive results.
- Events Professionals: Group Sixty offers group coaching to professionals in the events industry including wedding and event planners, caterers, venues, bands, DJs, and all others who provide products and services related to events. Common challenges we focus on include converting leads into sales, creating an attention grabbing elevator pitch, differentiating from the competition, building and expanding a referral network, creating a business less dependent on its owner, and hiring and motivating a staff of employees and contractors.
- Real Estate Industry: Group Sixty also offers a real estate focused group coaching series with members of the real estate industry including real estate agents, mortgage brokers, escrow agents, insurance providers, and others involved in real estate. Key topics include closing more business, shortening the sales cycle, creating a unique value proposition, standing out from the competition, adding value to clients outside of the transaction, and building a reliable referral network.
Group coaching format
Each group coaching series consists of the following components:
- Diagnostic: In advance of joining a new coaching group, each participant completes a short diagnostic to identify key focus areas as well as to support the measurement of progress through participating in the group.
- Session Prep: In advance of each session, each participant is responsible for completing a short prep worksheet, which includes progress made since last session, key barriers, outstanding questions, and desired focus area(s) in the upcoming Group Coaching Session.
- Group Coaching Session: As part of the Group Coaching series, Group Sixty leads a monthly 2-hour session focused on addressing the individual as well as shared challenges of the group. Session topics are developed through the prep materials as well as a short collaborative discussion among participants at the beginning of each session. Some sessions will focus on unique challenges of the participants, in which case each person will be coached in succession. For sessions focused on 1-2 macro topics, coaching will include an ideation session to explore alternatives and potential solutions to the stated topic as well as group coaching. For example, if the group is interested in building out their professional networks, the group will spend dedicated time brainstorming the types of people with whom they should connect as well as the value propositions needed to connect more deeply with each person.
- Action & Accountability Webinar: In addition to a monthly Group Coaching Session, Group Sixty also leads a 1-hour monthly webinar focused on ensuring the progress of each participant since the last Group Coaching Session and overcoming barriers that have come up along the way.
- One-on-One Coaching: In addition to the Group Coaching Session and Action & Accountability Webinar, a Group Sixty coach will provide a monthly, 1-hour one-on-one coaching session to each participant. One-on-one coaching allows greater focus on individual topics and those that are better addressed outside of the group. In addition, the sessions can also focus on barriers which are holding back the individual from achieving their goals.
- Peer-to-Peer Coaching Framework: In order to foster greater peer-to-peer interaction between monthly coaching sessions, Group Sixty provides a guide to help group members lead calls independent of the coach. This will include a suggested call agenda, sample questions, and other tools.
- Online Collaboration Tool: In order to support collaboration among members in between group coaching sessions, Group Sixty sets up a private online group to post questions, share progress, and ask for help on key challenges.
Group coaching content
The participants drive the agendas of group coaching sessions, but the following is a sample of the topics as well as specific questions that have been addressed with previous groups.
- What is my core value proposition?
- Who is my target customer?
- How can I expand into a new market?
- What new services should I offer to customers?
- Why am I losing more customers than I am gaining?
- How can I tweak my marketing messaging to address my clients’ pain points?
- How can I make my elevator pitch resonate more effectively?
- Do I have the right materials to help during the sales process?
- Why am I only converting a low percentage of leads into paying clients?
- How can I improve my sales skills?
- Is my marketing working?
- How should I be measuring my marketing efforts?
- How can I reach more target prospects?
- What low cost marketing tactics can I employ?
- How should I be using social media to increase my sales?
- Should I hire a marketing agency to take over my marketing? If so, what efforts can I outsource to them?
- Who are the 50 most important people to my business's success and how can I get to know them and deepen our relationship?
- Who are my natural referral partners, and how can I offer value to them?
- What networking activities/groups will help me increase my subject matter expertise and provide access to potential clients?
- How can I gain more from networking events I attend?
- How can I develop a learning network?
- How can I build a personal board of advisors?
- How can I delegate more tasks to my staff?
- How can I take on more clients in a low-risk way?
- How can I partner with a complementary business in order to offer more value/gain more revenue per client?
- How can I “productize” my services so I can make money when I am not on the “treadmill?”
- How can I get my team to act more cohesively?
- How do I increase accountability among my team?
- How do I instill a sense of ownership among my staff?
- Is now the right time to hire a new person or team?
- Do I have the right pay structure and incentives to attract and retain top talent?
Get started today by contacting Group Sixty or signing-up for your complimentary 30-minute coaching call.